Friday, January 3, 2014

January 3rd: What Rest Day?

Quick entry today just to catch up.

Yesterday morning I hit the treadmill for a pace 5 miles. Did it at .5 incline and had about 10 seconds to spare when I was all done. It wasn't too tough but certainly not easy, either.

Today was supposed to be an off day, because I'd like to do a long tomorrow. But Mother Nature had other plans there -- that snow wasn't going to shovel itself. But I really paced myself, and obviously, there's no impact on your legs. A fair amount of core and upper-body work, though. I should be fine.

Tomorrow will still be that long, assuming it's not too cold for the car to start and I can get to the gym. For the life of me, I can't fathom how people run in anything below 30 degrees. Sunday is cross-training day, and Monday is probably a rest day. I've done a lot of pace and interval work this past week, so next week's midweek runs will probably be at a relatively slow speed.

Total miles since starting the blog: 197.2

No comments:

Post a Comment