Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 15th: Foggy Day but Clear Mind

About half the fog had burned off by the time I took this.
Quick one today. I had it in the back of my mind that maybe I could do an outdoor run this morning. But the weather put a kibosh on that. It wasn't too cold or too windy or rainy or snowy. It was foggy. Seriously foggy. Visibility was less than 100 feet. There was no way I was risking getting hit by a car in that.

So back to PF for 6 miles on the belt. Nothing huge to report here, except that the monotony is making it really difficult to hold down my pace. I started at 6.3 (9:33s), but toward the end, I negative splitted and was doing 6.6 (faster than race pace) when I finished. And I'm feeling it a little bit. Nothing major, just general soreness. Dummy.

I guess my 24-hour recovery will dictate whether I actually do interval work tomorrow. I suppose I could justify not, since I did close to race pace yesterday and averaged 9:28s today. I do have half a mind to throw in an extra rest day instead, and maybe go 9 or 10 on my long on Saturday. This would be my first serious divergence from the training plan. We'll just see how it goes.

Total miles since starting the blog: 241.7

No comments:

Post a Comment