Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 9th: Better

You never know how you're going to feel day to day, and that was definitely true today. Much, much better run this morning.

After yesterday's pace 6, I knew I needed to power down a little bit. I set out for an easy 4, but I wound up doing 4.5. And the time wasn't too slow -- 42 minutes flat (about a 9:20 pace). The MTSNBN and shin were a little sore after, but I've come to expect that when I run multiple days back to back. A little ice down when I got home, plus no runs till Sunday, and I'll be fine.

I couldn't tell you what the difference was between yesterday and today, except that the temperature wasn't sub-arctic, and I had pasta at dinner last night. But I love when I bounce back strong, and that's what happened. I have no good photos today, so here's a reminder of warmer days.

So tomorrow is a rest day. Saturday will be cross, and Sunday is the 10-miler.

Total miles since starting the blog: 221.2

No comments:

Post a Comment