Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 29th: Is It Ever Going to Warm Up?

Carol had a delayed opening today, which freed me to get going a few minutes early today. Unfortunately, 5
of those minutes were spent brushing off the car. Nonetheless, I got to PF 10 minutes earlier than usual, so I was able to go a little longer than I normally do on Wednesdays -- and still make my train.

Um...this is a selling point for a gym?
So today was 7 miles. The first three quarters of the run I did at a nice, easy 9:40 pace. The last quarter was my usual negative splitting. When it was all done, 9:25 pace overall.

Not much else to discuss, but one side note: I've lost 5 pounds since starting the training right after Christmas. I have to assume that carrying less weight will help my time, even if I've gotten my VO2 max as far as I can.

Tomorrow is that easy 4. Friday rest, Saturday cross and Sunday long. Looking at the extended forecast, I'm cautiously optimistic I'll be outdoors for that.

Total miles since starting the blog:  287.2

No comments:

Post a Comment