Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6th: A Smaller Tire Adventure

Don't have a lot of time to post today, but here goes nuttin'.

I was looking to make up some miles this morning, since my interval run on Tuesday was a little shorter than prescribed, and then yesterday's got cut off when Jackie got the flat. I figured if I could get 6 in, that would balance things out.

This isn't from today, but that's the tire in question
So of course, my right front tire was low this morning -- low enough that I needed to go over to Wawa and fill it.

That put me a few minutes behind schedule, and getting to 6 miles and still making the train isn't easy even on normal days. I suppose the smart thing to do would have been to let it go and top out at 5 or 5.5. But two problems: 1) Last week was a low mileage week, and I don't want this one to go the same way, and 2) I'm stubborn.

So I pushed the pace a little bit more than I probably should have. Started at 6.3, but I ramped up quickly. And the last half of the run was at a big pace, under 9:00 pace -- under 8:00 in the last 1.25, with a sprint at the end. Yeah, I got my 6 miles, but I've been dragging since then.

I'm very much looking forward to my rest day tomorrow, and I'm bushed enough that I may well push my long till Sunday. The weather is supposed to be clearer, and the NJ Marathon is organizing a group run in Long Branch.

Total miles since starting the blog: 403.9


No comments:

Post a Comment