Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 27: One Month to Go

Light on the horizon!
Tomorrow's rest day is welcome. Even though I did a slow 5 today, I was really pretty wiped by the end. Sure, I could have gone longer -- after all, that's what I do -- but it's now time for some recovery before the weekend long.

They're open 24 hours...
There's really not much to tell about today's run. Fourth straight workout on the belt. It's beyond getting old. Finished in 48:11 -- an easy 9:38 pace. But I'm keeping an eye on the forecast now. It's supposed to pour on Saturday, and I refuse to do 3 hours on the dreadmill. Right now, it looks as though there's a small window of clearing in the morning. If I have to push till Sunday, it'll throw my whole schedule off, with the best solution to start the taper a day late.

I know I've been a bit fixated on the countdown, but today is a day worth noting -- it's exactly a month till race day. I've been working at this and thinking about this for so long, and ish is about to get real. Its amazing to consider how far I've come, and terrifying to think about how far I have to go. And it's also a little weird to think about a life without 26.2 on the radar. It has defined me for seven months now. Will I feel accomplishment, emptiness, both, or something else?  I just don't know.

What I do know is that I won't be running tomorrow. By tomorrow morning I'll have ants in the pants, but right now, that sounds good. Then I'll have an eye on the sky -- need to clear 20 this weekend.

Total miles since starting the blog: 510.6

No comments:

Post a Comment