Tuesday, March 18, 2014

March 18th: My Shoes Know What You Did in the Dark

Day 2 of the Richter plan. So far, so good.

Today I was going for time, not distance. I had exactly an hour on the belt. I've promised myself no pace, interval or tempo runs -- this week, and likely the two after it, are all about miles. I did most of the run at 6.4 mikes an hour, but cranked it a little bit just in the last mile to get to 6.5. Felt great afterward, like I had plenty more miles in me.

Then I got to the locker room, where I stretch. I began to do my calves when I saw that I had mismatched shoes on -- my left was my crappy old shoe. When I dress for the gym, I leave the lights off because Jackie's still in bed. And I never noticed. Fortunately, it was the left -- the "good" leg. Still, I must've looked pretty dumb.

Last week when I was home sick, I wrenched my back something good. It's not a problem for my running, but I think lifting is out for a while -- which is just as well during my crash three-week sprint to the taper. The roller we bought over the weekend helps, and I'm going to do an ibuprofen regimen for a couple days, but it really hurt last night in bed. Don't know how I slept at all.

So double-digit miles tomorrow (outside) and five on Thursday. Right now, they're calling for rain on Saturday. I don't mind a little bit but don't want to run 18+ in a driving rainstorm, so I'll have to keep an eye on that. If my back improves, I'll lift Sunday, then do the whole thing again next week. I'm also cutting out beer for these three weeks -- maybe I'll have one Saturday after my long, but that's it.

Total miles since starting the blog: 448.5

No comments:

Post a Comment