Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5th: Life Happens

Today's kinda long didn't go as I'd hoped. There was nothing wrong at the gym: life simply got in the way.

First off, I need to be in the office today for a call. So I arranged with Jackie to get Carol out the door so I could leave earlier for PF. I got there about 15 minutes ahead of my normal schedule, which gave me time for 8 miles at race pace. A little less than I wanted to do, but OK.

At about 6.5, Jackie called, and I snapped at her. I hate being interrupted during a run, but I was over the line here. She had a flat tire. So I jumped off the belt -- no cooldown, no stretching -- and ran home. But she wasn't there, and she'd already called AAA. Argh.

A few minutes later, she came home to switch cars so she wouldn't have to drive far on the donut. If we could have taken 5 minutes to review our options, we might have come up with a better plan. But she was both in a rush and mad at me (rightfully), and stormed out. So the one we worked out was for me to use the car during the day and then for us to deal with it later. She said she'd try to take it to Costco.

I wanted to fix things -- both the car and my screwup -- so I revised the plan and turned into Bayshore Auto. $100 later, we'll have a new tire tonight. But so much for getting to work on time -- try 11:15.

So to sum up: crappy workout, did wrong by my wife, and got to work crazy late. 

Miles since starting the blog: 397.9

No comments:

Post a Comment