Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4th: Easing Back In

Quick entry today.

Back on the road for the first time in a week and a half. Everything felt about as good as it’s ever going to, so no need to dwell on that. My goal was simply to get back out there and see what I could do, how I felt. No major worries about pace, and the nice thing about my route is that there are a number of opportunities to cut it short and head for home -- so I figured I’d get out to the water and then up the big hill, which would be a little more than a mile, then decide how far to go.

The answer was that I felt good. So I continued along my 5K route -- until I hit the lowest-lying area on the run, and it was covered with water. WTF? It hasn’t rained in what, a week? I don’t think the tides are running especially high, so I couldn’t figure that one out. Oh well -- had to alter my route to get home. Not as scenic, but the uphill climb is less gradual, so it actually was a better challenge.

It might have been all the rest, but even past three miles I still felt very good, so I tacked a little extra on. And the last couple tenths, I put it into high gear. When it was all done, 3.67 miles (at least according to MapMyRun) at a 9:17 average pace. And I still had plenty in the tank.

I haven’t mentioned yet that I ran with my partner today. She kept up very well.

Total miles since starting the blog: 46.2

No comments:

Post a Comment