Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 26th: Living Proof That Anyone Can Do This

So much for going 8 miles today. I had to be sure to get into the office, so that cut things short. Basically, the deal is, I have to walk out of PF by 7:50 to get home, showered and ready to hit the 8:44 train, to be in the office a bit after 10:00. If I miss that train, it's close to 11:00 before I get to work, and that means it's better to work from home -- which wasn't an option. At least the threatened delays of 45 minutes -- due to a freight train derailment -- never materialized.

I decided, instead, that I'd do an hour of pace (or slightly faster) running on the belt. I negative splitted, as I've started doing on most of my runs. I won't bore you with the mile-by-mile, but I hit 6.7 miles in the hour -- that's an 8:57 pace. If I can do that for most of Sunday's half-marathon, I'll clear 2 hours easily.

The other thing that struck me today was that it wasn't that hard. I mean, it was work -- don't get me wrong. But when I was done, cooled off, and stretched, I felt pretty much fine. Compare that to June, when I did my first 5K. I probably went at about that pace and was ready to fall over. I guess the lesson here is to trust in your training. The other lesson -- which I can't emphasize enough -- is that I am living proof that anyone can do this.

Total miles since starting the blog: 373.9


No comments:

Post a Comment