Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12th: No Longer New

Continuing on the comeback trail, I was back at Planet Fatness this morning for a midweek "kinda long."

There's more snow in the forecast for tomorrow, which undoubtedly means another work-at-home day. This is screwing things up in two ways: I had to cut short today's run after 6 miles to ensure I'd be able to get to the office, and tomorrow is up in the air. I have to say, joining PF was a good move with so few outdoor running days available. But I am done with this winter. I'm over it. Bring on some spring.

What the heck is that schmutz?
Remember how excited I was about my new shoes a few weeks ago?  Life of a runner: They're not new anymore. Even with the week off, they have 63 miles on them already. That would put me in the market in about 10 or 11 weeks -- right at the time of the marathon. That's a no-go. So I'm thinking I'll break in a new pair during my taper, starting 3 weeks out.

Today's run was a pace 6. I added that extra tenth because the .9 was driving me nuts. 6.11 in 55:30 -- a 9:05 pace, totally negative splitted. Last mile was in the 8:35 range.

If I get to PF tomorrow, I'm looking to do interval work. If not, perhaps I can get a quick home workout in.

Total miles since starting the blog: 316.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment