Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18th: Sometimes, the Belt Is the Way to Go



More snow this morning. Ugh. I could probably just pull out an old blog entry and re-post it. Unlike Thursday, however, it wasn’t enough to bring traffic to a halt, so there was no prospect of an in-the-dark snow run. That sent me to PF.

The upside to the treadmill today is that I’ve been wanting to get in some interval work. You may recall that last week, instead of an interval day, I went on the blizzard run with Lily. And though that was a great run, I’m going to have to get more speed work done if I’m serious about 4:00.

My fast segments were a little faster than I’ve done previously. I did the usual 1:30 slow/fast intervals, with the fast ones starting at 7.8 mph and quickly moving up to 8.0. Slowdowns varied between 5.6 and 5.9. And my stamina was really good, too. A couple of the intervals, I went a full 2 minutes; overall, I ran 4.5 miles in just under 40:00. That’s an 8:51 overall pace. Next time, I’ll shoot to boost the speed a little bit -- or maybe even push the mileage.

Looks like I’ll need to work from home on Thursday, so I may juggle that and tomorrow. Do an easy, recovery-ish workout tomorrow and then a kinda-long on Thursday. Then this week’s long will definitely be on Saturday.

Total miles since starting the blog: 339.1

No comments:

Post a Comment