Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 16th: Back on the Belt

I guess it's a good thing I'm into taper week 2, because I'd be pretty annoyed at the weather otherwise. I've been back at Planet Fatness the past two days.

Yesterday was rain and wind. So I did an easy 4 on the belt -- and hated every minute of it. Then overnight, we got a coating of snow. It was still windy, too. So back to PF for a pace 5k. I actually wound up averaging 8:53s, mostly because I was bored.

I'm definitely starting to feel the rest in my legs. After today's run, I barely felt like I'd done anything. I do need to get my work and home life in order so I can get my sleep schedule worked out. And I'm starting to plan my final week's diet -- lots of carbs and lean protein.

Tomorrow I'm off from work, so I'll sleep in and then do another 4. If I wait until 9:00 or so, I should be OK in shorts. Then rest, and then 8 on Saturday. And then its race week! 

Total miles since starting the blog: 602.8

No comments:

Post a Comment