Thursday, April 10, 2014

April 10th: Tapering Is Weird

I have to say, it's an odd feeling getting to the end of my Thursday run and still feeling fresh.

This morning's run was an easy 5. It was pretty cold when I started out, so it took me a bit to hit my rhythm. But once I did, I settled into a real comfortable pace that would actually be pretty fast on race day. But I was nowhere near VO2 max, and my legs had plenty in them. The course was nothing remarkable, though there were a bunch of fishers out this morning.

Switching to chocolate milk for recovery.
The strangest thing about it is that I had two beers last night and woke up a little hung over. (It's kind of amazing that two beers can do that to me.). I figured it would be a slog -- I even contemplated skipping it. So that I ran 9:00s without any big effort was a major surprise. Another example of what should be hard turning out easy, I guess.

I'm really curious to see how I feel at this point next week, when the total mileage is way down.

Total miles since starting the blog: 583.4

No comments:

Post a Comment