Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December 10th: Back to Strength Training

Today's main goal, aside from beating the snow this morning, was to start working some strength training back in. And I did beat the snow home, but in the 35 minutes between when I got home and headed out for work, it really started coming down.

I wanted to focus on core work today, because that's going to have the most benefit in my running. Planks, kettlebell squats and kettlebell jugglers, then core twists on the Cable Cross machine, with some butterflies mixed in. I did a little legs and arms at the end, including the curl machine I've mentioned a few times.

It was good to get back to it after too many down days of late. But, on the brightside, my office is all set up and I'm getting into the rhythm of the new commute. So I should be able to get back into my routine more easily.

And speaking of that, tomorrow I think will be a hybrid day. I'd like to work a little more arms, and I'll do core stuff, as always. But after that, I'm going to shoot for :30 on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment