Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 19th: I Don't Have a Photo

It was 43 degrees out this morning, which normally would be warm enough for an outdoor run, but the wind was really whipping. Wind chill was like 35, and as you know, a lot of my runs happen right by the water. So as I predicted yesterday, I had to hit the treadmill at WOW this morning.

I guess I was simply going for a "get some miles in" kind of run. Set the treadmill to 1 percent incline and 6.5 mph -- basically a pace run up a slight hill. A couple of tenths in, I thought I felt the belt slip a little bit. Naw, just my imagination, right? Then at .65 miles, it really slipped -- enough to throw off my cadence. Fortunately, the machine right next to mine was available, so I jumped over to continue my run. Same speed and incline, though about halfway through, I bumped up 1 tenth of an mph to get under race pace. Did another 4.1 miles for 4.75 total.

I've had a teensy little sniffle of late -- not sure what it is, and it hasn't really slowed me down, but I have felt a little short of wind during yesterday's and today's workouts. Not enough to make any major difference, but I doubt I could have done a long at that pace. I'm hoping it moves along soon, because I need to get some more miles in.

Well, I don't have a photo for today. I can't Pin this without one, so here you go. Dan and I will be brewing this again this weekend, and surely discussing fitness while we do.

Total miles since starting the blog: 130.2.

No comments:

Post a Comment