Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18th: Welcome Back

Where’ve I been for the last week. Resting the MTSNBN -- again. Was jogging up a flight of stairs at Penn Station after my run last week and POW! I didn’t want to kvetch about it, so I figured I’d check back in when I got back on my grind. That’s today.

Headed down to WOW today for some strength training, and I hit it hard. Lots of drop-weight sets. Seated bench press, butterflies, lat pulldowns… Kettlebell squats, kettlebell jugglers and lunges. Worked up a big sweat, and my muscles were tired when I was done. Woo!

So I’ve crossed over to the dark side and purchased some whey protein. 26 grams of protein, 140 calories. Tried it for the first time today when I got home from the gym. Doesn’t taste too bad; I’m thinking about mixing it into my yogurt. I still like the chia fresca before a run -- especially a long run -- but I think this is going to work better for me post-workout.


Tomorrow is looking cold. I guess I’ll have to go down to WOW to get on the treadmill. I’m going to join that stupid Planet Fitness for a few months, though, so I can keep up my running through the winter without burning too much time and gas going to Middletown. I’ll stick with WOW for actual workouts -- I was grunting a-plenty today. They would have set off the lunk alarm a dozen times at PF. But for just running days, yeah, it doesn’t make much sense to spend 25-30 minutes in the car round trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment